Cemex was created with safety in mind—your safety, your staff’s safety, your patient’s safety. That’s the Cemex advantage and why other bone cements can’t compete.
Cemex has a distinctive powder derived from a patented process that produces PMMA particles of consistent size and shape. These characteristics result in uniform spheres with few microparticles and nearly no irregularities compared to other commercially-available cements.2
The unique powder blend yields a more dense structure that traps less air, removing the need to vacuum mix Cemex, and decreased total surface area requiring less monomer to create the same chemical reaction as other bone cements at a lower polymerization temperature.
few micro particles
6.1 x 10-2 m2 /cm3
Reduction in the Toxic Monomer
A 3:1 chemical formula produces more than a 30 percent reduction in the toxic monomer5
Reduction in the Polymerization Temperature
Reduced monomer creates a 20 percent reduction in the polymerization temperature compared to the best-selling bone cements5
Less Monomer Design
Thirty (30) percent less monomer design reduces shrinkage and the potential for loosening and early implant failure5
- Successfully used in Europe for more than 30 years1-4
- Unique PMMA powder inherently traps less air and removes the need to vacuum mix
- Lower maximum polymerization temperature reduces the potential for bone and tissue necrosis5
- Decreased risk of monomer leakage and toxic vapors exposure making it safer for users and the patient
The advantages of Cemex Bone Cement are further enhanced using Cemex System and the Cemex Automatic Mixer together. Cemex is truly advancing the ordinary and delivering simplicity, safety and reliability in bone cement.
Cemex System can be coupled with the Cemex® Automatic Mixer – the first and only fully-automatic bone cement mixer. This revolutionary device removes the human element from the cementation mixing process and attempts to deliver an optimal mix for every application.
- Self-contained delivery system reduces shelf space and biohazardous waste
- Easy setup eliminates complicated manual mixing systems
- Safer O.R. environment with less toxic vapors and contamination by foreign particles or bacteria
- Automatic Mixer provides repeatable and consistent mixing while eliminating the human element from the process
- Product breadth addresses a wide range of clinical needs
Cemex®System, Cemex® System Fast and Fast Genta are produced by Tecres® S.p.A., Italy, and are distributed exclusively in the United States by Exactech, Inc.
- Nivbrant B, Kärrholm J, Röhrl S, Hassander H, Wesslén B. Bone cement with reduced proportion of monomer in total hip arthroplasty: preclinical evaluation and randomized study of 47 cases with 5 years’ follow-up. Acta Orthop Scand.2001 Dec;72(6):572-84.
- Röhrl SM, Nilsson KG, Nivbrant B, Kärrholm J. Good long term stability with low monomer bone cement in total hip arthroplasty. A randomized RSA study. Proceedings of the Nordic Orthopaedic Federation meeting : 2006; Oslo.
- University of Verona. 1989-2003: Fourteen years of use of Cemex® bone cement. Verona; 2003 . Data on file at Exactech.
- Söderlund P, et al. 10-year results of a new low-monomer cement: follow-up of a randomized RSA study. Acta Orthop. 2012 Dec;83(6):604-8. doi: 10.3109/17453674.2012.742392. Epub 2012 Nov 1.
- Neotron Laboratory, Gatti G, Modena, Italy. 1989. Data on file at Exactech.