With a goal of creating a more stable hip replacement in mind, the Novation Crown Cup uses a sizing scheme that allows the largest head possible while maximizing polyethylene thickness.
Features and Benefits
- Three-facet locking mechanism
- Anti-rotational tabs secure the liner firmly, providing enhanced stability
- Full congruency between the shell and liner inhibits micromotion and maintains liner integrity under load and stress
- Locking mechanism resists transverse and tipping forces and minimizes micromotion by providing a secure point of stabilization
- Wide range of acetabular options enable patient-anatomy matching, initial stability to promote biologic fixation, and restoration of kinematics.
- Unique, non-threaded mechanism for easy on/off attachment to acetabular shell
- Nivbrant B, Kärrholm J, Röhrl S, Hassander H, Wesslén B. Bone cement with reduced proportion of monomer in total hip arthroplasty: preclinical evaluation and randomized study of 47 cases with 5 years’ follow-up. Acta Orthop Scand.2001 Dec;72(6):572-84.
- Röhrl SM, Nilsson KG, Nivbrant B, Kärrholm J. Good long term stability with low monomer bone cement in total hip arthroplasty. A randomized RSA study. Proceedings of the Nordic Orthopaedic Federation meeting : 2006; Oslo.
- University of Verona. 1989-2003: Fourteen years of use of Cemex® bone cement. Verona; 2003 . Data on file at Exactech.
- Söderlund P, et al. 10-year results of a new low-monomer cement: follow-up of a randomized RSA study. Acta Orthop. 2012 Dec;83(6):604-8. doi: 10.3109/17453674.2012.742392. Epub 2012 Nov 1.
- Neotron Laboratory, Gatti G, Modena, Italy. 1989. Data on file at Exactech.Cemex®System, Cemex® System Fast and Fast Genta are produced by Tecres® S.p.A., Italy, and are distributed exclusively in the United States by Exactech, Inc.