Incorporates specific design features to achieve immediate axial and rotational mechanical stability between the lateral and medial cortices of the femoral canal.
Features and Benefits
- Optimized overall length and proximal/distal sizing to achieve fixation in all primary femur types (Dorr A,B,C) without compromising implant features or surgical technique.1
- Medial/lateral filling implant with a pronounced lateral flare geometry is designed to evenly distribute the load in the proximal femur and provide initial mechanical stability.2
- Four neck length groupings and an array of stem sizes/offsets provide multiple options to restore patient anatomy without the need for modularity.
- Data on File at Exactech. TR-2013-039. Wedge Femoral Stem Template Study Report.
- Leali A, Fetto J, Insler H, Elfenbein D. The effect of a lateral flare feature on implant stability. Int. Orthop. 2002;26(3):166-9.