Suite of Smart Technologies featured at Booth #1035
GAINESVILLE, FLA. (Aug. 26, 2021) – Exactech, a developer and producer of innovative implants, instrumentation and smart technologies for joint replacement surgery, announced today its lineup of innovations to be showcased at the company’s educational exhibit, booth #1035, at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) 2021 Annual Meeting, Sept. 1-3, in San Diego, Calif. The company’s Active Intelligence® platform of technologies will take center stage at this prestigious event, demonstrating the latest in smart solutions, including the application of machine learning, to improve the patient and surgeon experience throughout the journey of care.
Meeting attendees will have the opportunity to experience Active Intelligence through hands-on demonstrations and a sleek touchscreen dashboard. Featured technologies include the following:
- The newest version of Predict+™, a clinical decision support tool that uses machine learning to provide predictions of individual patient outcomes after shoulder replacement surgery. With this update, predictions are now based on more patients and more visits—54 coordinated machine learning algorithms. Added outputs include the Smart Score predictive model, the world’s first machine learning-based shoulder arthroplasty-specific outcome measure, and the Internal Rotation Score predictive model.
- VERASENSE™, which helps shoulder surgeons make informed decisions on load magnitude and center of load location in real time.
ExactechGPS® Shoulder and Equinoxe® Planning App
- ExactechGPS® Shoulder, in combination with the Equinoxe® Planning App, is the first and only shoulder navigation technology that connects the preoperative plan with real-time intraoperative instrument guidance – and verifies implant placement.
- ExactechGPS® Knee, which provides surgeons with personalized, real-time guidance for primary and revision knee arthroplasty procedures, featuring the Newton™ Ligament Balancer, a new approach to soft tissue management.
- Exactech’s Chime mobile application for clinical exchange between surgeons around the world.
- exacCoach™, a smart communication platform that will help surgeons connect with and monitor patients before surgery and throughout rehabilitation.
Vantage® Ankle PSI
- The Vantage® Ankle PSI 3D-printed tibia and talar cutting guides, designed for patients’ unique anatomies and allowing surgeons to pre-plan their cases.
Exactech’s growing platform of Active Intelligence technologies supports the company’s innovative implant systems which will be showcased at the Exactech exhibit. Surgeons can learn more about clinical success of the Truliant® Primary, Porous and Revision Knee Systems, Equinoxe® Shoulder System, Alteon® Hip System, foot and ankle solutions, including the Vantage® Total Ankle System and EPIC Extremity Foot and Ankle Reconstruction System, as well as the company’s infection-related and biologic solutions.
Surgeons can preview the innovations and educational opportunities showcased at the booth on the Exactech website. Additionally, scientists and surgeon consultants are scheduled at the booth to share their experiences with the company’s latest innovations and technologies.
Visit exac.com for information on Exactech-manufactured and distributed products.
Exactech is a global medical device company that develops and markets orthopaedic implant devices, related surgical instruments and the Active Intelligence® platform of smart technologies to hospitals and physicians. Headquartered in Gainesville, Fla., Exactech markets its products in the United States, in addition to more than 30 markets in Europe, Latin America, Asia and the Pacific. Visit www.exac.com for more information and connect with us on LinkedIn, VuMedi, YouTube Twitter and Instagram.
Priscilla Bennett, APR
Vice President, Corporate Marketing & Communication