Continuing our goal to provide infection-related solutions, Exactech introduces InterSep – a 100% synthetic calcium sulfate bone void filler engineered to fully resorb and replace bone during the healing process.
InterSep may be used in an infected bone site and provides surgeon flexibility with its bead and paste options.
- Pseudomonas sp
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Staphylococcus coag. Negative
Eradication rate at latest follow-up6
- Soffiatti R. The Preformed Spacers: From the idea to the realization of an industrial device. In: Meani E, et al [ed]. Infection and local treatment in Orthopedic surgery. Berlin: Springer-Verlag. 2007;201-4.
- Romano CL, et al. Two-stage revision surgery with preformed spacers and cementless implants for septic hip arthritis: a prospective, non-randomized cohort study. BMC Infect Dis. 2011 May 16;11:129. doi: 10.1186/1471-2334-11-129.
- Pattyn C, et al. Preformed gentamicin spacers in two-stage revision hip arthroplasty: functional results and complications. Int Orthop. 2011 Oct;35(10):1471-6. doi: 10.1007/ s00264-010-1172-8. Epub 2010 Nov 30.
- Burnett S, et al. Technique and timing of two-stage exchange for infection in TKA. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2007 Nov;464:164-78.
- Romano CL, et al. Aseptic versus septic total hip arthroplasty revision: comparing the results. Poster presented at the 76th Annual American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Meeting; 2009 Feb 25-28; Las Vegas, NV.
- Data on file at Exactech, Inc.
*Partial weight bearing must be assessed on an individual basis with relation to the anatomic condition of the local bone, bone quality and clinical conditions of the patient during rehabilitation stages. Care must be taken to minimize the risk of damaging bone tissue and the implant through excessive weight bearing or forced mobilization