The most widely studied spacer technology in the world, InterSpace® is the first pre-formed spacer with 96.1 percent eradication rate.1
InterSpace Shoulder is designed to temporarily replace an infected implant during a total shoulder arthroplasty and provide the patient with mobility and predictable, consistent local antibiotic release.2,4
- Gentamicin-impregnated PMMA bone cement
- Offers functional success rates equal to non-infected revisions3
- The ability to shorten O.R. time4,5
- Stainless steel reinforcing core
- Various sizes
- Romano CL, Drago L, Logoluso N. Low-dose gentamicin-loaded spacers are effective for two-stage revision. Musculoskeletal Infection Society (MSIS). 2013 July 30.
- Bertazzoni Minelli E, Benini A, Magnan B, Bartolozzi P. Release of gentamicin and vancomycin from temporary human hip spacers in two-stage revision of infected arthroplasty. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2004 Feb;53(2):329-34. Epub 2003 Dec 19.
- Romano CL, Romano D, Logoluso N, Meani E. Aseptic versus total hip arthroplasty revision: comparing the results. Poster presented at the 76th annual American academy of Orthopaedics Surgeons Meeting; 2009 Feb. 25-28; Las Vegas, NV.
- Romano CL, Romano D, Meani E, Logoluso N, Drago L. Two-stage revision surgery with preformed spacers and cementless implants for septic hip arthritis: a prospective, non-randomized cohort study. BMC Infect Dis. 2011 May 16;11:129. doi:10.1186/1471-2334-11-129.
- Pattyn C, De Geest T, Ackerman P, Audenaert E. Preformed gentamicin spacers in two-stage revision hip arthroplasty: functional results and complications. Int Orthop. 2011 Oct; 35 (10): 1471-6. Doi:10.1007/s00264-010-1172-8. Epub 2010 Nov 30.
InterSpace® is produced by Tecres® S.p.A., Italy, and distributed in the United States exclusively by Exactech, Inc