The Novation® Comprehensive Hip System features both splined and tapered press-fit femoral stems as well as collared, matte finish cemented stems. All stems within the Novation high-demand, primary hip platform are available in standard and extended offset.
- Circumferential titanium plasma coating provides the scratch fit necessary for initial mechanical fixation.1,2 Hydroxyapatite (HA) coating is an option on both the tapered and splined stems. The 45 micron HA coating is in an optimal thickness range.3
- Design philosophies clinically proven to provide stability in a wide ranger of femoral anatomies4
- Platform instruments that all one broach for multiple femoral stems.
- Hoaglund FT, Low WD. Anatomy of the femoral neck and head, with comparative data from Caucasians and Hong Kong Chinese. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1980 Oct;(152):10-6.
- Emerson RH Jr, Sanders SB, Head WC, Higgins L. Effect of circumferential plasma-spray porous coating on the rate of femoral osteolysis after total hip arthroplasty. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1999 Sep;81(9):1291-8.
- Geesink R, de Groot K, Klein CP. Chemical implant fixation using hydroxylapatite coatings. The development of a human total hip prosthesis for chemical fixation to bone using hydroxylapatite coatings on titanium substrates. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1987 Dec;(225):147-70.
- Data on file at Exactech. 711-12-83 Stability in Press-Fit Femoral Hip Prostheses Technical Profile