The Novation® Crown Cup® is a titanium hemispherical design that utilizes Connexion GXL® polyethylene liners, which minimize wear debris over standard polyethylene. With a goal of creating a more stable hip replacement in mind, the Novation Crown Cup uses a sizing scheme that allows the largest head possible while maximizing polyethylene thickness.
Three facet locking mechanism:
- Anti-rotational tabs secure the liner firmly, providing enhanced stability
- Full congruency between the shell and liner inhibits micromotion and maintains liner integrity under load and stress
- Locking mechanism resists transverse and tipping forces and minimizes micromotion by providing a secure point of stabilization
- Wide range of acetabular options enable patient-anatomy matching, initial stability to promote biologic fixation, and restoration of kinematics.
- Unique, non-threaded mechanism for easy on/off attachment to acetabular shell